Non Resident Alien

This is a chronicle of my tragi-comic life as a foreigner in the United States. My official status when I started school in 2004, was that of a Non-Resident-Alien and that's where the title of the blog is from. My status has changed to Resident Alien since then. My personal experiences are a unique roller coaster mundane everyday experiences for locals, but unique from the eyes of a foreigner. I started this blog to share some of my experiences beginning my third year living in this country.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Main Relay

I have never regretted my mechanical bent. After weeks of suffering from no starts on hot days I was forced to do something about it. My car is unique. Most old cars have a problem starting on cold days, mine refused to start on hot days. The problem is simple enough. The component called Main Relay has several soldered connections. These soldered areas develop cracks and that prevent it from conducting a charge when it is too hot. I am yet to figure out why heat has this effect on it. I have known this problem for a few weeks now. I would make a quick stop at the drug store or gas station and my dear car would refuse to start after. The first time this happened, I thought my $300 investment had run its last mile. However, I did go online and find out what was wrong, and there were enough forums that discussed the Main Relay problem with older Hondas. So, I kept track of when my car refused to start and diagnosed my problem as the Main Relay. Although this diagnosis was made in mid May, I have been too busy (think not having time to talk to folks back home) to do anything about it. Finally this last saturday my Main Relay gave out completely at a gas station forcing me to fix it right away. The fix was simple enough if you have hands the size of a small child and the power of gigantor and a muscle and bone density of elastigirl. The Honda Main Relay is at an impossible location and took me forever to get it out in the first place. Long story short, 2 tow trucks, 1 main relay, greasy hands, cricked back and neck and 72 hours later my Main Relay is fixed. Ladies and Gentleman I present to you Your's Truly, who lives up to the family tradition of being a Petrolhead!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home