Non Resident Alien

This is a chronicle of my tragi-comic life as a foreigner in the United States. My official status when I started school in 2004, was that of a Non-Resident-Alien and that's where the title of the blog is from. My status has changed to Resident Alien since then. My personal experiences are a unique roller coaster mundane everyday experiences for locals, but unique from the eyes of a foreigner. I started this blog to share some of my experiences beginning my third year living in this country.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Too many flash backs!!

It has been a week of flash-backs!! Another of my college friends was in town from India yesterday. He just surprised me out of the blue, just as I was getting ready to enjoy a lazy sunday afternoon basking in the glorious sunshine. Instead we spent the afternoon looking at old photographs from college and laughing at how silly we used be, and catching up on life in the last 8 years since I saw him last. We had always been in touch on and off, and he had mentioned a couple of months ago that he might be in the US sometime later this year. Little did I know then that the visit would be so soon, and to the DC metro area. It was a wonderful afternoon. I love visiting and visits from friends that have known me in my past life. This has indeed been a wonderful weekend, and I am glad I was at home to see email messages from friends in town.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home